When doing a bookbinding project that requires book signatures (such as a case binding project), you would often need to score the pages. This is done to ensure a nice fold which can be easily marked and stitched. We often use a bone folder (aka bone scorer) to score the pages. Alternatively, you can use a ruler or anything with a flat edge.
How To Score Pages using your Bone Folder
Short video. 50 secs. Easy to pick up.
What you need:
- Paper for your book signature
- Bone Folder or Bone Scorer
Just 3 simple steps:
- Line up the edges of your paper
- Press down on the folded end slightly
- Use your bone folder to straighten the fold